Director of Undergraduate Education : Dr. Arko Demianczuk
For Division of Plastic Surgery website please click here.
For Administrative inquires: email@example.com
To search for a Division list of Plastic-Surgery or individual Faculty / Staff please click here.
The Division of Plastic Surgery is based on the practices of 58 faculty members at the Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, St. Paul’s Hospital, and British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Victoria General Hospital, Royal Jubilee Hospital, the University Hospital of Northern BC and Valley Surgical Centre.
The Division is responsible for the training of medical students and plastic surgical residents:
- One or two Plastic Surgeons graduate each year.
- We now also train one or two Plastic Surgery Fellows each year.
Plastic Surgery is a very diverse field and includes the following: hand surgery, burn care, facial trauma, post cancer and post trauma reconstruction, breast surgery, genitourinary reconstruction, major congenital anomalies including cleft lip and palate and craniofacial as well as cosmetic surgery of the face and body.
Specialized clinical services are provided by:
- the provincial Burn Unit (Vancouver Hospital)
- the Hand Trauma Clinic (Vancouver Hospital)
- the Breast Reconstruction Programm (Vancouver Hospital – Campus Site)
- Multiple Pediatric Subspeciality Clinics (B.C. Children’s Hospital)
- Provincial Services for Paraplegic and Quadriplegic Wound Program (Vancouver Hospital)
In addition, our staff do a large volume of cosmetic surgery in private clinic settings, where residents and fellows are training.
The future for Plastic Surgery is one of continued expansion as technical advances and patient awareness increase what is possible and what is done.